Reiki, loosely translated, is a Japanese word meaning, “Universal Life Energy.” It is a natural, hands-on energetic healing that restores and balances the lifeforce energy within the body and nourishes all levels of the body, mind, and spirit. Reiki is not massage, but is very powerful in the release of physical, mental, and spiritual blocks and restrictions.
The energetic healing treatment is given on a clients’ fully dressed body, (unless combined with massage). Most people experience a gentle warmth or tingling radiating from the therapist’s hands that can produce a more relaxed, calm, and clear presence. Reiki distance healings are also possible for individuals who cannot be physically present.
Some of the benefits of Reiki:
- helps the body to relax, releasing stress and tension
- accelerates the body’s self-healing abilities
- reduces blood pressure
- removes energy blockages, correcting the energy flow of the endocrine system
- helps the body to recover from surgery and chemotherapy
- supports the immune system
- increases vitality and slows the aging process
- raises the vibrational frequency of the body